Sunday, August 16, 2020

Been to Yokohama

Been fighting in the war.  This is a lyric from a Chuck Berry song.  It mentions references to serving in the military.  I like Chuck Berry's music and feel it was the origins of rock n roll.  And this genre of music defined what America gave to the world.

In general, Americans are punk ass bitches with distorted values.  But America seems to be the last empire.  There is good and bad here.  I like rock albums and cartoons and I used to like music videos on MTV.  The media is fun but it is just fake entertainment.

When I read the Baghavad Gita from a bookstore in my hometown in the 2000s, I saw it as a revelation from God.  It is one book that summarizes all the other books in the library.  You can read a thousand books and know very little, or you can read the Gita and know all a human can know.  Mysticism is how you become one with God.

So I like Yoga and see it more than just exercise.  In the USA, we see hatha yoga as something you do at a studio to get in shape without competing with people.  But in Russia, they see Yoga as a more comprehensive lifestyle.  

I have been exposed to yogis like Vivekenanda, Yogananda, his disciple Kriyananda, and now there is Sadghuru.  I consider myself a Yogi too, but in a different style.  I am part Hispanic and part Ango Saxon and part Jewish.  So my characteristics are different.

Kriyananda was very warlike and hard and courageous.  Yogananda was very soft and kind.  Kriyananda was very intelligent and benevolent.  I see Sadghuru as popular and smart, but he is not as good as the former ones.  My yoga is similar to the Shamans of Mexico since the West has spiritual teachers too.

Every kind of civilization that lives in the tropics and eats tropical food and lives a more harmonious lifestyle speculates on philosophy and the meaning of life.  I was taught in my LifeFood training that man was meant to live in a semi tropical environment.  We should be eating fruit and rice and honey.  And pork goes bad almost instantly in a tropical environment.  When you conform to nature, you are harmonious, when you try to innovate, you invariably fail.  There are only two kinds of people, the good and the bad.  And bad people cannot admit they are wrong.

So whatever kind of man you are, and whatever kind of inborn characteristics you have, you do not really change over your life.  You only get stronger and it gets easier to survive.

So Yoga is profound.  And there is more than one type in the world.  And now that I am living apart from my family, I see both Latinos and Hindus around my apartment.  And it's alright.  Latinos are about lust and desire and Hindus are philosophical people who love food and philosophy.  So there are different kinds of Yoga depending on your racial characteristics.  Don't take yourself so seriously.

I like my parents and my racial characteristics.  Latin culture is very rich.  I may never get to visit Mexico or Spain or Brazil but I can look at things online or go to Mexican restaurants and fill up on the salsa and chips before the actual entree comes to the table.  It's not that bad.  

So the beat goes on and I continue.  Life is developing.  I need more money to get more power, but I just want to have a ball.  I like certain things like rock n roll music and combat sports.  But this is just entertainment.  I need a job and a schedule and a way of life.  If you want to enjoy life, you got to do work first.

So I must get on my bike and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment