Saturday, February 8, 2020

A New Thing

This is an artwork I recolored today and added some text.  It was originally an interpretation of a Roy Lichtenstein artwork I saw in a book about his career.  I like the way he elevated comic book art to high art through clever use of humor and aesthetics.

Here it is below:


Sunrise with Text

This is a reworking of an old art design with a brief poem or title on it.  Within the frame says, "Another Day Approaches as the Sun Rises'.  It also has the title of the artwork in the bottom right corner of the work. 

My life is getting more quiet as I age.  I concentrate on music, aikido, cooking, swimming, and dating women in a low socioeconomic bracket.  But I find time for art and like to recolor old artworks as a kind of mental and emotional therapy towards myself.  It's good for me.  

The secret to success is to do a little bit every day, and never give up on yourself.  Where there is effort, there is always results.



No comments:

Post a Comment