Friday, February 21, 2020

Everybody's Working for The Weekend

It's finally here.  After playing at a Mexican restaurant on Valentine's Day, I got a taste of what Open Mic nights at restaurants are like.  It is nice to be an entertainer.  You have to start somewhere.  I don't mind starting at the bottom if the long term goal is to be an entertainer.

I am going again tonight to the Open Mic night at the Mexican restaurant.  I will play a few songs and have some food.  It will be fun.  The thing is, my work week is not that busy, so the weekends are actually the payoff for having a long boring week.

It says in the Tao Te Ching, 'Accomplish the great by a series of small acts.' That means, do a little bit every day and don't give up on yourself.  That is how you gain success.

I'd like to be a musician now that my judo career is over.  I didn't get much for it anyway. 

I don't want a boring day job in an acupuncture clinic or a graphic design office anyway.  I want to learn how to monetize my music.  I would also continue writing books on Taoist Nutrition and how not to get used by an evil system. 

There are a lot of opportunities on long island for a musician.  There are restaurants and bars everywhere.  But the real big market is in NYC.  That's where the money is.  I have to build up to that.  I have to gain experience playing infront of smaller audiences.   So I will accomplish the great by a series of small acts.  The Asians are the best at warfare, because they are bright.  They understand how to use a limited amount or resources in a big way. 

So I will apply my enormous talent in a big way and get a big result.

No comments:

Post a Comment