Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I Want You To Stream My Music

I thought I'd be blunt in this blog post.  I am not getting enough streams and downloads of my music on YouTube and Spotify.  YouTube is growing slightly because of the homemade videos I am uploading every few days, but Spotify seems to be growing slowly.

I have 5 albums online right now, the original album came off the internet because it was costing just ot keep it up.  I like the lifestyle of a musician and I am growing in notoriety.

Although I am not black, I play rhythm and blues ala the 1960s, and I sound pretty good.  I try to push past the three chord song and make it simple but memorable. 

What is life if you don't enjoy every minute?  Of course there are some unpleasant things in life, but an enlightened man keeps the same mindstate no matter what he is experiencing.  If you were smart, you'd work on Zen not acquiring more stuff. 

Music can be part of zen and yoga.  Music has to be experienced as it is being created.  Art is different.  In art, you put in hours of hard work, to create a finished piece that is consumed in seconds.  In music, especially live performances, the musician and the audience are both experiencing the music as it is being played.  Even a recording is a recreation of a live performance.

So I dig music more than art.  But both have its place in society.  Don't neglect either.  They are part of culture.

So I want to grow as a musician and make more money from it.  So please head to YouTube or Spotify and follow me there.  I have very few followers on YouTube and Spotify, but I am getting constant streams.  I am making a few bucks of each album, but i want to make more.  It would make sense for me to learn music marketing strategies to reach a bigger audience. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment