Thursday, February 13, 2020

What are You Doing?

What are you doing, right here and now, to be happy?  This is what any Buddhist master should ask you.  Don't live your whole life postponing happiness until some later time.  The money will not make you happy.  Neither will the material goods, which I call Stuff.

I live for the present moment and nothing else.  I make love all day long, but I keep my pants on.  Making love is not having sex.  Sex is a biological act.

Nowadays, I enjoy music, judo, cooking writing, self care and chores, and dating.  I prefer the senioritas.

I budget myself on my low income and I hustle on the side with music and copywriting and cab rides.  I am poor and honest.

If you were really smart, you'd invest some time every day in meditation and yoga.  You'd also learn a thing or two about nutrition.  This is common sense for people who don't want to be miserable.

I could write volumes on wholistic health.  But I am sneaky.  I won't give it away for free.  One of my ambition is to write a self illustrated book this year on health, nutrition, fitness, and yoga for young people.  Confucious once said, 'If planting for a hundred years, educate the youth.'

I want to educate the youth.  I won't make killing in the private sector, and I am not a gay loser so I won't be a priest.  I have talent and I can apply it somehow.  I have the means, I just don't know how to use it. 

One thing I must do is grapple again.  And I must play my guitar outside the home, not just for myself or for recordings.  It is by applying yourself in the outer world that you get results.  Don't stay at home all day.  You'll accomplish nothing that way.

Right now, I have 5 albums online, and 2 books.  All the albums feature original rhythm and blues music, and the books are about nutrition and wholistic health.  So I consider myself succesful, influential, and talented, but not rich.  The money is not the important part.

I do stuff all day long to be happy, and even when I must do something unpleasant, like clean the kitchen, take out the garbage, or brush my teeth, I do it with zeal and enthusiasm.  It is called 'Service with a Smile.' 

I encourage you to do the right thing with enthusiasm.  It is the only way to get the right result.

No comments:

Post a Comment