Sunday, September 20, 2020

Inspired By The Muse

 Hello.  My name is Lior Avni.  After many years of writing this blog for the benefit of the people, I forgot to introduce myself.  I am some guy from long island who plays the guitar and writes on the computer.  I like to give it and not take it.

I feel I am benefiting society with my knowledge.  I am something of a musician and scholar.  I will not go to far into this.

The music comes from the muse.  The muse is the inspiration.  I am inspired.  Thoughts become words, and and emotions become songs.  An emotion is just a memory of how you felt in the past.  And when you play your giutar, it is like you are making love or communicating with the person you are thinking about.

Music is more than just sounds.  It is moving and real and living.  Music is moving, art is fixed in one place.  In biblical history, Jubal invented music, Ooman invented art.  Jubal was a descendent of Cain, Ooman was a descendant of Seth.  Abel was not really interested in these kind of things.  But I admire Abel.  He died without children and ultimately came back to be somebody.  Abel is a cool guy.

So I conclude that music is better, for me, than art.  Poetry is part of everything we do as people.  Our first skill is to speak.  A person who cannot speak is considered dumb.  If a person is blind, deaf, and dumb, he is really in trouble.  So Hellen Keller overcame tremendous adversity.

I like stories of people who overcame tremendous odds.  And I like exceptional cases.  And I like talented failures, strong jews, good losers, humble champions, and comeback kids.  There are always exception to the rule.

So I am an inspired musician and I keep keepin on.  And I see no end in sight.  Most of my albums were released in a span of two or three years.  And I am still going strong.  I do not need to write new songs or learn new things.  I have a catalogue of songs to draw upon.  So I will go out, play during the day, play during the night, and balance between art, music, and poetry.  Life is good.  See ya on the flipside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment