Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Back in the Saddle Again

Last night I resumed judo practice and it was a great workout.  My dream is coming to fruition, and this is only the beginning. 

Judo is physical education.  It has some use for self defense, but the point is to empower you to do something in the world.  It is not to choke the man out.

Judo is comprised of throw, pin, choke, and armlock.  In the 1970's, it used to be called, 'grappler's self defense'.  It is a playfight, a fight without strikes and weapons.  It is very useful as physical education because it is not damaging to the human frame.  It is in that way similar to collegiate wrestling, which could also be used as physical education.

I realize music is not that lucrative for a guy like me.  But you must diversify in this economy.  I want to do judo, music, and nutrition, and keep educating the youth.  The youth are the future, they are pure and innocent and less corrupt because they don't need to worry about money.  Money is the root of all evil.

I know boxing, grappling,and MMA have merit in self defense.  But judo has a rich combination of benefits.  It is team combat, self defense, physical education, a good workout, a social event, a moral pedagogy for the youth, and a way to attain enlightenment.  It is not just jacket wrestling. 

So I realize college is a scam and my scholastic education did not help me at all.  You learn by doing.  I learned music, judo, and cooking by doing.  Do your hobbies long enough, and they become your profession.  Don't impregnate your high school girlfriend and be stuck raising children while you are still a child yourself.  Lust is not worth it.  Dayjobs are boring and I want to have fun for a living.  So learn nutrition in youth, take twenty years to master a skill, and find Krishna in the end. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment