Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Keep Trying New Things

I am adding here a charcoal drawing I did recently after seeing an image of a Japanese temple I found in a book about Japanese art.

It is simpler than most, but the unique thing is I don't often use charcoal pencils so this was kind of like an experiment for me.  That is why the name of the post is called 'keep trying new things'.  If you don't keep experimenting, you'll never make any progress.


'Temple in Japan'

This image is simpler than the photo it was inspired by, and it's far from perfect, but at least I could enter another area of illustration and still feel satisfied with how it looks.  I'm not even going to post it on my artist site for sale, I just want people to see it and see how one learns to create.




No comments:

Post a Comment