Sunday, October 14, 2018

Taoism and the Creative Arts

A brief word about me, just so you'll know who is creating all this art and writing.

While I am from a secular jewish home, I have only been interested in eastern philosophy, lifestyle, and concepts.  Still, I know a lot of the Hebrew Bible.

I'm not a religious person, but I find that the wisdom of Tao and Zen really speaks to me.  One might not consider Taoism a religion, it's more like a philosophical lifestyle, or, a cohesive world view.  Tao encourages you to be spontaneous, compassionate, minimalistic in everything you do, and touches on subjects other religions or systems don't dare talk about.

The Taoist lifestyle includes not only scripture and meditation, but encourages individuality and innovation.  There is no aspect of life that Tao does not touch upon.

Nutrition, Sexology, Martial Arts, Cooking, Socializing, Exercise (such as Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and Taoist Yoga) are not taboo. 

Taoism started in Ancient China, but by now, is known worldwide.  The good Taoist looks upon the world with detached amusement.  And I heard a quote somewhere, 'When it comes down to the Tao, being at ease and at peace, not many people are really interested in it.'

That about sums it up.  People like excitement and pleasure, but not so much peace and tranquility.  It's a good lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment