Sunday, August 26, 2018

Influences

The only artist I can think of off the top of my head is Roy Lichtenstein.  I've seen some of his works in art history books and then I purchased a book exclusively dedicated to him at the bookstore.  What I like about his art was how he elevated comics and scenes that look like comics to a higher artform.

My visual style and aesthetic comes from my unique look on the world, and the overall simplicity is because I am fundamentally a youthful spirit inside an aging body.

Here are two works I've posted before, both based on something I saw in a book.


Jet Fighter


Sunrise

I need to move on and develop my own style, which is slowly happening anyway.  But the mood I am trying to evoke is one of simple beauty and purity of minimalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment