Thursday, April 25, 2019

One Last Lichtenstein Before I Move On

I have the basic art book on Roy Lichtenstein, an avant garde jewish-american artist well known in the 1960s for his tongue in cheek interpretations of comic art.  I've decided to start making original works instead of copying classic works of others. 

However, one landscape that stoned my imagination in the book I had to copy.  And the name of this landscape is simply, 'Cloud and Sea', and it is indeed simple art.  Here is my version below.


Cloud and Sea 

My version is in grayscale and is just as minimalistic and zenlike as the original in the book.  My emerging style features wobbly but coordinated black lines, grayscale toning, large solid blocks of color, and assertive visual storytelling.  I'm not tooting my own horn.  People see value in my art, and I have a formal education in graphic design.

Moving on, I plan to take more photos with my smartphone, and use these pics as references to future drawings and designs.  I also plan on making videos for YouTube featuring slideshows of my art and music and how it constantly improves.

Life is good for me, and gets better as I unravel the mysteries of the self.  

Man is heaven and earth in miniature.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks For Sharing. We have Ryderwear Shoes Ontario and Bodybuilding Shoes Canada for our premium customers. Now you don't need to go anywhere in search of the best shoes
    Gym clothing canada

    ReplyDelete